Monday, November 8, 2010

Taj Mahal Virtual Tour

         I went on a virtual tour of the Taj Mahal. I liked this site because I could tell where I was at all times. Along with the view of what was surrounding me, I had a map of the whole grounds with a dot that rotated at the same time as I did.  This showed me what direction I was looking in at all times. I also could click on any of the dots on the grounds map at any time during the tour.  This made it easy to go from one end of the land to the other.  The down fall about the site was that the panoramic pictures I was looking at were not in 3-D so i was not getting the full effect of being there. 
        During the tour I could click on different pictures on the bottom of the screen to listen to a guide tell me facts about the Taj Mahal and the buildings I was viewing.  On the home site there were links to new additions and other sites that told about the Taj Mahal that could help while teaching.  There was also an online discussion forum where anyone can post about their experience or questions they have.  I liked this tour a lot since I may not be able to visit here it helped me feel like I was able to experience it a little.  I would like to learn more on the Taj Mahal after visiting their site.
http://www.taj-mahal.net/blackLarge.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment